Seven years ago, I started teaching Awaken Love. 8 dear friends came to my back porch to let me share my story of awakening to the power and importance of sex in marriage. 800 women later, I am still amazed at the transformation that happens in class. Another 700 women have been able to attend classes using videos. I am so encouraged by the women hosting video classes and sharing about Awaken Love.
This Year was a Whirl Wind
- Finished writing, editing, formatting and designing my first book Awaken Love
- Filmed, edited and launched a video for Engaged Couples
- Filmed edited and launched the 6-week Men’s Edition videos and curriculum for husbands
- Revamped Website to accommodate videos For Wives, Engaged Couples and Men’s Edition
- Set Up regular posting on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Launched and sold over 1300 copies of my book Awaken Love in 8 months
- Talked to girls in Kenya about sex
- Over 20 Engagements Speaking About Sex to women’s and couples groups
- Spoke to high school teens about sex for the first time
I am humbled that God is using me, encouraged by all that He is doing, and impatient for Him to do more. Many men and women still need to experience healing and freedom in their sexuality. Churches must learn to open up conversations about sex and create a safe place to bring brokenness to the light. Parents, grandparents and mentors must learn how to talk to kids about sex to change things for the next generation. I feel urgency, and hope you feel it too. But to be honest, I am also tired.
Rest in Him
Matt 11:28-30 says, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let met teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Though God has burdened my heart for speaking His truth about sex, I must resist trying to do things on my own. If God wants doors to open, then I trust that He will open them. When I teach classes and hear stories of brokenness, I have to hand them over to God. They are not mine to try to fix or to carry. Rather than striving on my own, I must continually give Awaken Love back to God. The burden He gives me is light and I must rest in Him.