Welcome to Awaken Love. I pray that you will find a safe environment, centered on God’s word, with detailed, respectful information about sex. God wants us to have amazing sex in marriage. But it doesn’t just happen. We have to intentionally work on it. We have to sort through lies, deal with baggage, learn to communicate and educate ourselves about our bodies. But we also need to learn to connect during sex. I want to help equip you information offered on the blog and classes taken in groups, to not only improve your own sex life, but to help others.
It is time for the church to remove the silence around sex and to start speaking truth.
Below are the foundational truths that I believe for women in their sex life.
Read them, pray about them. Do you believe them? Do you live them? Do you have the courage to pursue them?
Foundational Truths for Wives
- God can transform you and your marriage.
- God created sex for wives as much as for husbands
- Sex connects us to our spouse in ways like no other thing.
- In order to have freedom in our marriage beds, we must get rid of the lies about sex, free ourselves from our baggage, and see ourselves as beautiful unique creations.
- We must believe (submit to) our husbands when they tell us they love our bodies.
- Communication is key – If our husbands cannot trust that we will gently ask for what our bodies need, than they are left to wonder and we are left unfulfilled.
- We need to help our husbands by helping them expand their playbook for us.
- God created us to experience much more than we realize and it is when we are open to new possibilities that he can show us.
- Christian wives should be having the best sex ever and should encourage
other wives in their sex lives.
- We need to be fully committed and not hold back. Our husbands want all of us and so does God.
- Our marriages must give our kids something to look forward to and a reason to wait to have sex until marriage.
- Sex is much more than intercourse, it is seeing each other naked and unashamed, and in a sense, worshipping God through His creation